Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

813.626.9911

5636 East Hillsborough Avenue

Tampa, FL 33610

Club Desire (management)  on Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

Franklyn  on  Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 5 November, 2016

Feeling so awesome!!!I've researched this place for a while now but was very sceptical only because I've never done anything like this. Living in tampa I remember when it as a strip club and after hours club before it became a soda with new owners so i couldn't imagine it being do beautiful inside. I walked in and was greeted by a very polite lady smiled the whole time i was there and made sure my first experience weren't smoothly. I got the body scrub and massage package and i tell you I LOVED IT. The facial was lovely my skin feels amazing and the massage was perfect. I went in for a day of relaxation and got exactly what I wanted. I will be back again!!! Btw the food is tasty too my favorite parts were the clay sauna and steam room. YOU MUST GET A BODY SCRUB!!

Rhea P.  on Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 23 October, 2016

Jimjillbang.This is what my life is missing.Really surprised and pleased to find this Korean bath house in the Tampa area.It is not luxurious.It is basic and clean.Hot and cold pools in the women's spa is small--temperatures are truly hot and cold.In the spirit of Korean bath house culture, guests are asked to bathe nude.A uniform is provided to wear in common areas where all genders are present.Saunas are also an option.Spa services like facials, massages, and scrubs are also available. I think those services are overpriced here and would get those somewhere else.The food is reasonably priced and flavorful. Yes!Relaxation room is available to chill, read a book, watch TV, or connect with your technology of choice. Kids can run about. . .It feels like a gigantic sleepover at someone's house.Overnight stays are an option. $35 A mat and head support is provided.If you just want to stay for a shorter time-$25A tab can be started for any other food items or drinks you purchase during your stay. You pay at the end.People are friendly. Would certainly return when I need to unwind, or just a treat.

rodneyerm  on  Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 26 September, 2016
Joined 3 months ago

The lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The food was hot, fresh and delicious! Overall it was a very relaxing experience! I will return soon!

GarryWas  on  Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 19 June, 2016
Joined 11 months ago

This place is so overpriced and dirty I don't understand how the reviews have been so good. The owner and workers are very rude as well. Dont go here as in this place a cockroach might crawl up your butt

DexterRexter  on  Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 29 May, 2016

Great place! This was my first time trying a spa. I got the gold package which included a body scrub, cucumber facial, milk body rub, and shampoo. You soak in the hot tub for a half hour before you do the body scrub. I was a little nervous because you have to be completely naked for the scrub and some people say that it hurts. It was a little awkward at first but the scrub itself didn't hurt at all. They have a big common area next to the dining area where you can lay down and relax and they have relaxation rooms segregated by sex. I tried both the clay sauna and the salt sauna me both were wonderful. I ordered a soup with beef dumplings that came with a couple different kinds of kimchi and it was the best Korean food I've ever had. I highly recommend this place.

justinlk  on  Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 24 May, 2016
Joined 9 months ago

A friend of mine told me about this place and I decided to stop by for a body scrub. Do not let the location scare you away. I wound up spending about five hours of pure bliss. For starters, The bath house is exceptionally clean, and everyone is so kind and professional. The hot pool, cold pool, steam, clay and salt rooms were wonderful. The body scrub by Zunny was incredible and dinner in the restaurant was absolutely delicious! Plan on spending a few hours so you can really relax. Ive told everyone I know about this place. Yes, it's a traditional Korean bath house so you must be naked when you go into the steam room/pool area, but it didn't bother me after the first 10 minutes. I'm so glad I took a chance and visited.

felixnada  on  Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 20 May, 2016

At first when we parked it seemed some heat interesting, the outside is not appealing. Once we walked we checked in and she gave us a key to the locker. One locker is for your shoes and the other locker is for your clothes. The first area is the wet area, which hit a hot pool, cold pool and a steam room. It is perfect, be warned the cold pool is extremely cold but if you do it a few times hot and hold it feels great. Next area is the clay and salt room. Please use those rooms it is very relaxing. You don't realize the time when you done and you feel completely drained. We ate food which has a small eating rom and the chief made really great tasting food. There is an area in the common area where you can watch tv and take a nap. I love this place. $25 for all of that is a big plus. Don't just look at the outside and think this place is questionable, please do it.

fuckery12  on  Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 15 April, 2016

Called ahead of time which made life easier. It also made the lady who welcomed us with warm arms prepare a meal for us when we arrived around midnight! They were so gracious and friendly. I called since they told me the kitchen closes at 11, but she asked the staff to stay for my arrival. That was very kind and sweet. I ordered the galbitang which came with kimchi, radish, and soy bean sprout as the banchan. They were all tasty and a rice bowl came along with the meal. The menu was large in variety. I bet everything will be delicious!!The staffs are helpful and created a great first time experience. I love this place and the environment. I was shy to get naked but its not a big deal after this. The steam room was refreshing. The clay and salt room relaxed my muscles.The location of this establishment looks a bit shabby and worn down but don't give up! This is the only Korean spa in Florida. The team of workers are always aware of their surrounds and I felt safe when I slept here overnight. They have a couple of personal rooms that you can sleep in, unfortunately, we came too late and they were all occupied. They had gender specific rooms that can be shared. I didn't want to do that and be separated from Aaron. My favorite part of this spa is the steam room. I know many gyms would have them as well. This particular one let's you set the time rate and you can adjust the temperature. I'm crazy so I put it on the maximum temperature. You should only use the steam room for 15 minutes. Remember to stay hydrated! I would definitely recommend putting a water bottle next to the door so you can take a sip. They provide water cups before you walk into the shower rooms. They floors can be slippery from soap, so watch your step! I am excited to return to these lovely people and get their spa package with the dead skin body scrub!

stripforme123  on  Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 10 March, 2016
Joined 11 months ago

wonderful staff, got an excellent scrub, clean facilities, and the food was absolutely delicious! Imagine a day where you get to relax in a variety of spaces (clay sauna, steam room, hot tubs), get massaged/scrubbed, and eat some of the best korean food in town. I will definitely return next time i'm in tampa!

Johnson12  on  Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 8 January, 2016

I LOVE LOVE LOVE coming here. I come here almost every 2-3 weeks for either a soak, massage, or scrub. I would recommend trying the wet massages (gold package or higher) or the Swedish massage (includes an ashiatsu massage aka back walk) Do not be intimidated by the exterior, yes it's on a shady street, yes it used to be a strip club in its yesteryears but there is nothing remotely sketchy about it now. It is clean, relaxing, and my home away from home. The food is amazing, honestly the best Korean food in Tampa. My favorites include the Galbi Tang, Yakimandu, and the spicy pork bulgogi.

Stacy R.  on Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 2 January, 2016

I can't believe we just found out about this place.... my boyfriend loves going in the sauna so we thought this would be a unique way to spend New Year's Eve. Right away the owner makes it clear that this is a legitimate, no "funny business" kind of place. In the women's wet sauna part, an attendant was cleaning cleaning cleaning.... it was very clean. That was comforting. After an hour, my boyfriend and I met up in the common area and went into the salt sauna. Very nice. While he went for a second round in the sauna I stretched out on the textured thera-ball and did some yoga poses on the reflexology indoor rock path. Next we did a short stint in the massage chair and then just sat in silence for a while. $25 per person for all the sauna you can take ... what a great and relaxing way to spend a few hours. Next time I am going for a body scrub.... you have got to visit this place.... there is even a room to take a nap!

nickstrip  on  Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 14 October, 2015

I've been to at least 15 Korean spas/bathhouses around the U.S. I was the only person there (should have been my first clue). I was in the nude men's area and the hot tub way so hot it was like boiling water, and I've never seen one this hot. A Korean lady came in TWICE while I was in the nude area. Again, never had that happen. Went to go eat something and they weren't open for food (5pm on a Sunday). Said there was not enough people. I will definitely never come here again.

timmykilla  on  Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 28 September, 2015

Visited here a few months ago as a much needed day off. Did the whole works. It's was amazing! Don't judge the outside. It looks a bit shady. The inside is clean and well maintained. Men and women separate for scrubs, locker rooms, whirl pools and steam rooms. Joint rooms with restaurant, pink Himalayan salt sauna!, small pool, regular sauna and relaxation rooms. It was a bit odd to strip down for the scrub and such in the separated areas, you can leave on what makes you feel comfortable. Once I did it was wonderful and freeing. Oh my the scrubbing! Such soft skin. I need to go back

Lekha T.  on Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 27 September, 2015

Feel like I just took a trip to heaven and back This place is clean, professional and excellent therapists I had a body scrub, shampoo and Swedish massage Can't wait to come back and also try their food I would have given six stars if that was possible

maxxy1  on  Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 6 May, 2015

Totally awesome experience. Ignore how this place looks from the outside. Very clean and well put together. Got a full body scrub and massage and while pricey, it was heavenly. Would've been five stars had I not been hit up for gratuity right after the massage. I'll definitely be back and will be looking for Jjimjilbang close to home as well.

Johnnyboy123  on  Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 26 January, 2015

This place is a hidden gem. Went for the body scrub and the steam room. There are two saunas and a great kitchen. You can go there 24 hours a day. Nice. Stay as long as you need to relax. Will repeat. Must try this place. Price is great. Service is good. The services here are just as good as if not better than a high end spa.

John G.  on Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 27 June, 2014

Love it! Been several times alone and a couple times with my wife. Nothing like it. Peaceful Korean vibe! I'm definitely a regular and recommend it. Food is the best Korean cuisine in Tampa Bay. Staff is great and the place is always immaculately clean. Only wish it was bigger, but so glad they're here!!!

curtis17  on  Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 16 February, 2014

I'm hooked on this place and their full body scrub is magical .. My skin is amazing .. So glowing and baby soft . For $110 you get full body scrub , head to toe massage , shampoo , face mask , so worth it ! and you feel effect for months after . The spa is clean and staff is friendly .. Korean food they serve at the restaurant is great . I recommend shrimp and veggie pancake .. They have karaoke room and 2 nice saunas and pool.My favorite treat once a month is trip to the spa . I brought a lot of my friends there and they are hooked now and thanked me for introducing me to this treat )

adamrod  on  Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 4 May, 2013

Love this place!! The ahjumma is super nice and the food is to die for!! Must stopby if you get a chance. And don't forget to get the pat bing su!

Couples  on Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 12 November, 2011

Is this a good place for male female couple? If not what is a good one in this area?

Take It  on Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 16 October, 2007

Tiffany looks like a man. Are you kidding?

dancer  on Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 11 September, 2007

thinking of coming to this club or the one across the street..im coming up next weekend just for a change too many girls and not enough money coming...how many girls on a weekend??

John Nash  on Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 12 June, 2007

attached is a picture of one of the new waitresses. Super hot!

Cindy was great  on Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 2 April, 2007

I agree with the other comment, Cindy the bartender is what makes that place worthwhile! "Tiffany" was a great dancer - but she was the only one while I was there.

Review  on Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 28 March, 2007

I stopped in to check out this place because it was one of the best 3 or 4 years ago and I wondered if it may be on the comeback trail after a few off years. There was a gal 4-5 years ago named Mariah who was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. But, anyways, I think this club can come back. There were some attractive, playful girls, and one of the barmaids Cindy was sweet, fun and hot. I think they have to do some more dance specials to maybe draw in more customers on dead nights.

Florida Orange  on Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 18 March, 2007

Went in tonight for the first time because of the no Sunday night cover. I thought the guys who worked up front were exceedingly polite..............but it was absolutely dead inside...........only one girl dancing topless for some guy...........she walked right by my friend and me once she was finished and never returned from the dressing room..........she was actually a nice piece of ass and I might have paid for a dance with her...........so my friend and I just spent the evening watching TV there.

IS IT TRUE????  on Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 19 December, 2006

I heard that BigPoppa Ike was coming back to DJ, does anyone know if it's true? If so please let me know what nights he's there.

Duh  on Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 31 October, 2006

That's not my number dumb shit. I'm at Class Act now, give us a call and ask for Cathy.

ex dancer  on Shangri-La Bath & Sauna

posted on 28 July, 2006

watch out for heather, she is a bitch, and take care your staff for sure!