Penthouse Comments

3.8

Heroes S of the overpass

Greece, Greece

joseph1k  on  Penthouse

posted on 27 June, 2016

Tooooo Much FUN! what a way to pre-game for my BDAY Out here supporting all these college funds ! Best steaks n burgers EVER!

brandonresh  on  Penthouse

posted on 26 June, 2016

Everything is great except the one taller manager with a tattoo who always drinks on the job. He is disrespectful and makes patrons feel unwelcome. It's a shame since the rest of the club is great even on a slow night. The manager with the glasses is the only one who is welcoming and prompt for service.

justinlk  on  Penthouse

posted on 29 May, 2016

Hands down a very classy and approachable club. The staff were absolutely friendly, warm and engaging. I felt very comfortable and was impressed with the dancers. They definitely have a great presence and tasteful personality. I cannot say enough great things about James the doorman! He was by far the most warm, sincere and engaging staff member. He and Shelley are definitely the diamonds of the club. Will definitely attend more of the events!

Brett C.  on Penthouse

posted on 11 May, 2016

The staff hooked it up. And the ladies are dynamite! Especially Ashlyn from Napa hot as hell and supper nice!!!!!! Bachelor party was nice cuz of her sexy as hell

Peter M.  on Penthouse

posted on 7 May, 2016

Been there a few times and the articulate, accommodating host Mr Brown, makes coming in and leaving a pleasure. With his quick humor and gregarious personality he always remembers my name which adds a personal touch and makes me feel welcome. Never once has he pressed me for gratuities or made me feel obligated and it seems like he really enjoys his job. When I return next time I hope to see him.

dopeboy19  on  Penthouse

posted on 28 March, 2016

This was my mine and my husbands first time there, we went for our family's bachelorette/bachelor night. (Even though it wasn't planned) We had a great time, the guys were upstairs most of the night but our server Mayra was awesome, she was a great server, and down to earth! Mayra made us feel very welcome and comfortable, she answered all our questions and even took pictures with us. Everyone was very nice and they weren't pushy at all! Which we loved, we went to chill and that's exactly what what did. Overall it was a great experience I would definitely go back there!

danielson  on  Penthouse

posted on 27 March, 2016

This club was cool except for our low life server. Everytime we would order from her she would bring us the check and tell us that the tip should be 20%. It was like she was already assuming we would be cheap. I would have tipped 20% except for the fact that she asked. I gave her 15% and she refused to come back to our table the entire night. What a pathetic excuse for a server.

stripforme123  on  Penthouse

posted on 8 February, 2016

Went there with my friends on Saturday. Ladies are fine and friendly. Did the place swept me off my feet? No. Did I stay there long? No, just half an hour. Will I go again? Probably not.

Mistercap12  on  Penthouse

posted on 14 August, 2015

Wow I was there on the weekend and its way different ! A girl whom told me she just started I believe her name was kaya or kiera anyways she kept trying to sell me sex after the club was over such a turnoff they need to do something bout her before they get reputation as a brothel !!! It's a gentleman's club not a whore house !!!!

yanard12  on  Penthouse

posted on 4 April, 2015

Went here for a buddy's bachelor's party. Horrible horrible place. Some dancers seemed nervous. Some were hostile and very aggressive about money. Bouncers attempted to extort cash from the bachelor. Never again.

Cilla B.  on Penthouse

posted on 7 July, 2014

So much fun

igor34  on  Penthouse

posted on 4 February, 2014

Johnny the manager treated us like royalty!! Thanks Johnny. Great night celebrating a birthday with these pretty ladies and nice gentlemen. Totally better than the manager at McDonalds in Vallejo!!!

Cameron S.  on Penthouse

posted on 13 December, 2013

Call to make a reservation for 12 guys- I am advised to go to opentable.com bc "that is the only way to make a reservation." Strangely, in this operation, the person who is at the actual location is unable to place reservations in the system. Furthermore, Opentable.com does not have any record of the restaurant- nor does google. I then call back- at this point I am greeted as if in a confrontation as if I did something wrong. Again advised to open table. I was wondering why the prices came down but now I is obvious- HELLO PEOPLE- YOU DONT HAVE ANY RESERVATIONS BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE ANY WAY TO MAKE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmm...... Trying to think of the last"Michelin Star" restaurant I called that referred me to "open table." Are you guys joking??

Annie Y.  on Penthouse

posted on 3 September, 2013

Mehh... I came here for a friends birthday.. Party of 30 people so we had the whole upstairs to ourselves. I mean I guess it would be a different experience if it wasn't such a big party.. the food was... bleh. It took forever to come out and I CANT EVEN SEE WHAT IM EATING. One server for ONE WHOLE PARTY? They were screaming out our food and how on earth are we suppose to know whose is whose! Well anyways, lets get to the strippers , they were pretty and had nice bodies and also very fun ! So there goes the two stars for HOT and FUN strippers! Will I be back..? eh.. I doubt it.

Peter L.  on Penthouse

posted on 26 June, 2013

Definitely a good place for a guys night. The dancers here sure are fit and healthy looking, and more attractive. And, they seemed to enjoy working there, more often than not.The DJ could tone down the overenthusiastic announcements but that's a minor gripe as the music he plays/chooses is my type (house, dance, upbeat, even some foreign tunes). It's like a club at times.There is a bar if you prefer sitting there, and a few TVs usually showing some sporting event. The waitresses are friendly too. Shots all around is the norm. Downstairs snack foods were only okay and is on the saltier side. I will return to try the regular food upstairs.When leaving, a poet's words always resonate,"Excuse me (excuse me),But I might drink a little bit more than I should tonight,And I might take you home with me if I could tonight..."

B I.  on Penthouse

posted on 24 June, 2013

Loved it. The food was pretty good and the show was fun. I've been to the Sapphire in vegas and this was def much more fun! The drinks there are a bit on the traditional side being not too many exotic/innovative drinks. The service is great. (Could also be that my bf & I got there around 9/9:30 so it's a bit early). Loved the ambience. It's kinda hip ...though on the sleazy side. lol The canopies are a fun touch.Tip: get there a bit early...we got seated right by the pole (literately like 10 ft away on the 2nd floor w/ the downstair stage right there...The food/drinks are a bit on the expensive side...at least no admission fee if u eat at the restaurant

Jesse L.  on Penthouse

posted on 24 May, 2013

STOLE FROM US!! SKETCHY PLACE AND OPERATORSThey quoted us $200 a bottle for patron and then charged us $400 a bottle... It's listed as $260(I think), so either way they straight up robbed us and threatened to have us arrested if we didn't pay the $400 rate. There were more awkward guys that work there than there were chicks... It's a pretentious and really not that great a club. Being from Portland I have a great deal of experience with gentleman's clubs...This is no place for gentlemen.Go at your own risk, they may fleece you, and you prolly will just feel akward with the like 10 guys in suits staring at you the whole time.

fuckery12  on  Penthouse

posted on 3 May, 2013

Went on a Tuesday for a Coworker's bachelor party. I don't know much about strip clubs but I have been taking pole dancing classes for a few months now and the dancers were a bit disappointing. The majority of the dancers were doing moves that we learned in day one of my pole dancing class. There was only one that I was impressed with and gave her money which was exhilarating. Otherwise I wasn't impressed. I don't know maybe because it was a Tuesday night and the real entertainers come on the weekends or it could be that I'm not impressed by half naked girls two stepping around a pole. All and all, after splitting the bill, with food and shots etc it came out to be $135 each for a party of 7. This did not include a lap dance for the groom which was $30 for a performance that lasted less that a minute. This was incredibly disappointing because, after months of learning similar dancing techniques, I feel like I get a better show of dance skill and polemanship at a $35 dance class that last 1 hour and a half and is only a few blocks away.This all seems like a big rip off to me but maybe I'm not thinking about it correctly or maybe I just need a penis to do the thinking for me to make this place seem like it's money well spent. I will never know.

Marlon R.  on Penthouse

posted on 27 April, 2013

OK...had a friend who worked here...it was better when she was there.

Jordan M.  on Penthouse

posted on 13 March, 2013

Where else can you meet a dancer who forages for mushrooms and knows about copyright law? Seriously. Yes, I know I'm supposed to go in and be simply tantalized by sculpted bodies and ample breasts. And it is true that I do find that titillating. But someone who has an opinion on open data? That moves me from lust to smitten.So any club that hires that kind of dancer wins my support. Plus the space is clean, modern and friendly. Only occasionally do they have one of those announcer fellows who sounds like he came right out of a bad movie (Let's here it for Caannnndy). The bottles are expensive, but not much more than bottle service at a bar. The patrons, for the most part, aren't that kind of gross sleazy variety you sometimes see in some clubs.And if you show up when the place isn't fully packed, you might find yourself talking to someone who is not only beautiful, but actually can hold their own in a conversation. That's worth something.

Jennifer Y.  on Penthouse

posted on 10 February, 2013

Came here for New Years and it was one of the most disappointing experiences I've ever had. No open bar, and the environment didn't feel very "moulin rouge" like they advertised. There was a photographer, but none of my friends (in total a party of eight) had our pictures taken ever. The guests were all trashy (a couple grinding heavily at 8pm), practically no one was dancing, a couple of old guys (read: 60) fist-pumping around young women. And there was no champagne toast like they promised in their advertisement. Lesson learned: don't pay $50 for a NYE party without an open bar.

Lisa Z.  on Penthouse

posted on 5 January, 2013

What can I say when I have a friend who spends like a boss there? Who has bottle service all the time and gets me dances too? That girl was hot and sexy too bad I forgot her name. It's one of the biggest strip clubs in sf and it's nice. So many selections of bottles just in case you want to spend like a bolla. I also tried their finger food which wasn't bad at all :) I was also there for the annual Christmas party for all the people working for that entertainment. Had a great time!! Def recommend its a classy affair

Pat B.  on Penthouse

posted on 17 April, 2012

WHAT A GREAT TIME!!My boyfriend and I ventured to the brand-new Penthouse Club & Steakhouse a few Saturdays ago and we had a really, really great time! Not only was Glen, the GM and the entire staff super friendly but it was the absolute perfect place for our date to end!From the moment we were greeted by the doorman and the hottie British hostess we knew we were in the right spot. We were escorted to a VIP table, had some yummy drinks and enjoyed the variety of dancers who happily entertained us.The club is swanky and brand-new, the girls are talented (I especially liked Justice), the drinks are yummy and we are making plans to head back to try the steak!I was surprised to see how many couples were there with us. I highly recommend Penthouse Club & Steakhouse whether you are heading out with your girls, for a special occasion or looking for a sexy spot to end a date with your man...Penthouse is the place to go!!

Alix L.  on Penthouse

posted on 17 April, 2012

For any of you who saw this club before the remodel, you will not believe that it is the same place. Without a doubt, this is the sexiest club in all of San Francisco. Or, as I overheard another patron say during one of the soft openings, "This is more Vegas than Vegas." The Penthouse Club and Steakhouse has created a space that is enticing, welcoming and comfortable for women. The grand opening was spectacular, and I would say at least half of the people in attendance were women. This club has succeeded in creating a sexualized space where those who would not normally frequent a gentleman's club feel comfortable. The upstairs VIP and dining area is stunning. Sitting at one of the enclosed dining booths offers an intimate dining experience. Depending on your preference you can adjust the curtains for more or less privacy. And, here comes the big shocker, the food is fantastic. Who knew that a gentleman's club could offer such a great menu, and one that pays attention to the importance of supporting local farmers? I don't eat much red meat, and fortunately this menu has a lot to offer for the non-steak eaters. I had the hamachi starter, the corn grits, and uni crusted black cod, They were all fabulous. As a Kentuckian, I am particular about my grits, and am thrilled to have found a place in SF that does corn grits their due justice. As for the performers, in my opinion the Penthouse and the Gold Club have the best looking performers in all of San Francisco. As the new club in town, I have a feeling that the Penthouse is going to be the place that pulls the best exotic dancers as they will want to be a part of this incredible space.

Nicole S.  on Penthouse

posted on 31 March, 2012

The topping on the cake is seeing my credit card was overcharged nearly $40 on last night's meal...Sorry Penthouse, because of that you're being dropped a star. After seeing pictures and reading articles about the newly designed Penthouse Club and Restaurant, it left me eager to see the place and get a chance to try the foods of a Michelin rated chef (yes, I was really here for only the food). I made reservations for our party of four through opentable.com for 6:30pm last night. Verdict? Penthouse failed. FOOD:*American Kobe Beef Carpaccio ($15) - Pass! Thin slices of beef were topped off with deep fried capers, onions, and a horseradish gremolata and accompanied with toast points. The dish had very little taste, the gremolata tasted as if it was simply garnish, but for once I enjoyed capers (probably because it was deep fried and I thought it was bacon). The toast points? They were simply toasted halves of white bread.*Kobe Beef Trio Special ($69) - The way the dish was described and my grumbling stomach led me in the wrong direction ordering this dish. The trio included 3 oz. of beef cheeks topped off with a baby carrot, 3 oz. of sirloin topped off with an onion, and 3 oz. of belly sprinkled with a rice crisp and topped off with a celery/broccoli puree. The dish came out at best warm, but was more along the lines of room temperature. The meat contained little flavor and lacked the kobe tenderness I was expecting. *Black Truffle Creamed Spinach ($8) - Delicious and the BEST part of my meal. The creamed spinach was creamy with a crispy top layer. Definitely recommended!*Parmesan & Black Truffle Fries ($8) - Ok, but yet another dish that didn't come out hot. The fries tasted like traditional fat fries with parmesan shavings.SERVICE:The staff was nice and hospitable. From the door guy, to the hostesses, to our waiters, everyone was great. We were constantly checked up on, our glasses were topped off with water, and even the restaurant manager came over to say hi. It does make me wonder if service was so great because we were the only party in the restaurant for a long period of time. The only flag? Our waiter took my friend's ID with her credit card while he ran the transaction. Why? I'm not sure, but he was gone for almost 10 minutes.LAYOUT:Beautifully done! As you walk into Penthouse, you are greeted by ladies at the podium asking if you're there for the club or the restaurant. The restaurant is located upstairs in which you're led up by an elevator (I wish there was a stairs option). There is a bar and a pole in the middle of the area for all to see. Do note, the dancers do not go topless in the restaurant area, only downstairs.The club is located to the hallway down the left. The club has two areas:*an upper area which has a bar, cage, and area we were told is for bottle service*lower level is closest to the stage with a 40 foot polePARKING:Somewhat difficult to find, but valet or a paid lot across the street is available. If you get easily offended, you should stop reading now...TALENT:By using the word "talent", do note, I'm using that word lightly. With the exception of a few, they were below average. During dinner, the girls were C/D grade talent, but as the night progressed it got a tad better. Most girls didn't know how to work it and underutilized the pole (cmmon, you ladies are stippers!). During dinner, we watched how LITTLE effort the girls were putting into dancing. To many of the girls, it wouldn't hurt to live at the gym a couple days a week. If you put your bodies out there, please, give us something we WANT to look at.

R G.  on Penthouse

posted on 30 March, 2012

Went to the grand opening- LOVE this place! The highlights: Service was over the top friendly and my drink was never empty, Floor to ceiling glass Champagne case, glass upper level stage(peeka-boo), white leather dinner booth that was like sitting inside a genie bottle, bar is tiled in Rolex watch bands- It's all so over the top- what else could you want out of a gentleman's club? Honestly, I came for the g.o party with my bf but I think that next time I'll go back for girls night out!!!

maxxy1  on  Penthouse

posted on 25 March, 2012

My friend and I went to their grand opening on Thursday. My friend purchased her advance ticket online for $25 + the eventbrite fee. I was not sure if I could join her therefore didn't purchase the advance ticket. We waited in line for about 10 minutes and found out from the concierge at the door that they were not selling tickets at the door, advance tickets and invitation guests only. I was shocked. I informed him that it's not mentioned on their website's event page. He still kindly refused to let me pay at the door. I tried purchasing a ticket online, but the sale ended. I requested to speak with a manager. After I spoke with the manager (dark hair, stocky build, approx. 5'10" tall) and explained the situation, he kindly let me in to pay for the event! My friend and I had a great time at Thursday's opening, thanks to this manager!! Sorry, I forgot to get your name. There were sooooooo many girls working the floor. They look like the girls I normally see at dance clubs therefore I'm taking 1/2 star off this review. I only tried 3 types of hor devours they served at the event and they were ok, a bit dry. I wanted to order something from their bar menu, but was informed not available until 9pm. (:( Taking another 1/2 star off for this reason.Our waitress (the ground level near the bar) was very friendly, attentive and professional! We had two rounds of drinks and both times didn't wait long for them. She was great and her smile was a big plus!All the performances were entertaining. The interior design of the club is trendy, but the tables seemed small to serve large steak entrees. I will update my review after going back to try their lunch and dinner.